i have no idea how it’s possible that i’ve never posted this recipe for eggnog pie. clearly a great use for our the last carton of eggnog. it’s simple and delicious. i will admit that i sometimes have trouble getting it to set properly and it turns out more like eggnog pudding in a pie shell but it’s still great, just eat in a bowl! this time it set well and has a consistency akin to banana cream pie.
3C organic valley eggnog
6 organic valley egg yolks
1/4 C sugar
1 8″ graham cracker cracker pie shell
– place first 3 ingredients in a 3QT heavy sauce pan and whisk together.
– whisk egg yolks with 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl.
– add 1 3/4 eggnog mixture to dry ingredients in the sauce pan and whisk together.
– cook at medium heat until thickens, stirring constantly.
– remove from heat, add vanilla and remaining eggnog. whisk well.
– pour in shell. refrigerate for 24 hours to set.
pairs well with whipped cream.
and after you eat a slice you can enjoy the view of the eggnog pie chart, clearly showing the percentage of the pie chart that resembles pac-man 🙂