grilled tomatoes, basil, galic & parm – a perfect recipe for the symbolic end of summer that labor day has come to represent. and, well, i’ve got to find something to do with all that garden garlic ( and tomatoes and basil ).
1. heat the grill to a med/med-high temperature
2. peel and mince the garlic cloves and brown in a pan with olive oil
3. cut the tomatoes in half crosswise
4. put tomatoes cut-side down and grill 3-4 minutes
5. flip the tomatoes and apply liberal amount of garlic, basil and organic valley parmesan cheese
6. grill for another 2-3 minutes